The Authority is seeking to appoint a dynamic, highly motivated, hands on, dynamic team player with business acumen to lead the Authority as the Chief
Closing Date for Submission: 10 April 2023
Key Performance Areas:
- The CEO will be responsible for leading the development and implementation of the BOMRA strategy aimed at ensuring that the authority is sustainable
- To manage and control, administer and organize all matters related to the Medicines Regulatory Authority to ensure efficient and effective regulation and control of human and veterinary medicines, medical devices and cosmetics for protection and promotion of human and animal health
- To ensure that medical products and cosmetics produced, imported, exported, distributed and used in Botswana are of acceptable quality, safety and efficacy
- Ensure that there is an effective governance system that provides parameters within which the Authority operates.
- Provide strategic guidance to the leadership team.
- Oversee the planning, deployment, and utilisation of the Authority’s resources in accordance with the relevant policies and standards to ensure high levels of value, accountability and efficiency.
- Lead in forging of strategic partnerships with key stakeholders both inside and outside the countryto ensure strong collaboration in advancing common interests.
- Drive any required organisational and cultural change across the authority.
- Continuously improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the Authority.
- To promote the vision, mission and values founded on the desire to be a high-performance organization that relies on its dynamic employee value proposition that attracts, develops, and retains highly skilled employees.
- To contribute to the development and formulation of policy and strategic plans for the health and/or veterinary sectors and ensure that the Authority is in a position to implement changes expeditiously and efficiently.
Degree in Pharmacy/ Chemistry/ Medical Engineering/ Human Medicines/ Veterinary Medicines or a related field, Master’s Degree or relevant postgraduate qualification from a recognized institution. An additional qualification in Business Administration or Strategic business management will be an added advantage.
At least 15 years’ regulatory affairs post qualification experience of which at least ten (10) years should have been in a senior management position. The experience should include, corporate policy development, strategic planning, operational management.
- Strategic capability and leadership
- Interpersonal skills
- knowledge of ICT applications.
- Change and transformation management.
- Policy analysis, development and management
- Stakeholder and relationship management. Business and strong financial acumen
- Highly analytic and strategic with the ability to appreciate the big picture and context, and effectively implement the same in practical terms
- Leadership skills
- Communication skills, (verbal and written, including report writing)
- Proficiency in managing relationships and building networks.
How to Apply:
Applications should be addressed to:
Botswana Medicines Regulatory Board
Private Bag 112
Gaborone International Finance Park
Please Send your application, latest CV and certified copies of certificates and two (2) current referee’s details to: email@example.com , clearly indicate (Chief Executive Officer) in the Subject.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, should you not hear from us within 30 days after the closing date please consider your application unsuccessful